Translate

Saturday 30 September 2017

BLOG -- Recap of September

September was busy for me. I experienced a bit more outings than I usually experience in a month, though some were due to me wanting to hang out, so it's all fine. Somehow I was still able to watch a bunch of anime and play video games.

I just gotta start focusing on finishing up the rest of my new year's resolutions. I doubt I will be able to finish them all... but I will try!


Outings/Events in September:
- Hung out with friends overall x7

- Attended Fan Expo.

- Had a games day with my sister, her hubby, and our friend.

- Had another game day with a friend.

- Visited Vancouver.

- Stayed over at my sister's place x1.

- Hanging out to celebrate a friend's birthday today.

- I had one weekend where I stayed at home and had absolutely no potato chips. I "experienced withdrawals", lol... >_>


Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn achievements / news: 
-Nothing. My subscription's expired for now.

Final Fantasy: Brave Exvius achievements / news: 
-My rank is currently 125 (yay I can leave the game alone for 12 hours 40 mins)
-After awakening Luka and Soleil's abilities, I am using them more often now
-In the Enchanted Maze, I reached the special stage 3 times! :D
-I am a little miffed with all the bugs and glitches that have come with the recent update. Fix them, please! lol


Exposures:
- (Alcohol): Cold Peach Jelly Sake -- I had to try this because it was peach-flavoured and it was jelly. I enjoyed it, though it was quite pricey. It was served to me in a can and I had to shake it about 20 times before I could open it and drink it.

- (Board game): Carcassonne -- This was a fun game.


Finished...
Watching:
- (Movie): Spider-Man: Homecoming -- Quite good! The after-credits scene was the best I've seen in a Marvel movie so far. ;)

- (Movie): Kingsman 2: The Golden Circle -- Speaking bluntly, it's not as good as the first movie. BUT -- I still found it very enjoyable. There were some really nice scenes and Eggsy's character was super hot, hahaha. Very enjoyable music, too. I may blog about this in the future.

- (Movie): The DUFF -- It drew a lot of stylings (and even soundtrack choices -- I counted 3) from Easy A. I don't know if I can praise it for that... I think the movie's message was really good, so it would have been nice if I could watch it without thinking of another movie.

- (Movie - Anime): Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle The Movie - The Princess in the Birdcage Kingdom -- I don't know why this is called a movie -- it seems more like an extended episode. Completely unnecessary.

- (Movie - Anime): XXXHolic The Movie - A Midsummer Night's Dream -- Some scenes were pretty trippy, but the anime series is much better.

- (Movie - Anime): The Girl who Leapt Through Time -- The idea was interesting, but it felt a bit lacking.

- (Movie - Anime): The Boy and The Beast -- I really enjoyed this.

- (Anime): Tokyo Magnitude 8.0 -- This was hard to watch for some episodes, but good and well done. I found the main character really annoying at times, though.

- (Anime): K-On! The Movie -- This is really cute.

- (Anime): Angel Beats! -- This took some episodes to get into. Its style of humour did nothing for me, but its emotional moments did. The main character's story -- just wow.


Playing:
- [Xbox 360]: Otomedius Excellent -- I have issues with this game. I think I would have preferred playing Gradius.

- [Xbox 360]: Fable II -- Yes, I am done! In my playthrough I generally did good deeds, but I would steal from houses every now and then. I also got married and had a child. For the ending, I went with Love. One thing I really did not like about Fable II was that enemies scaled to your skill level. It really discouraged me from leveling my skills close to the end. :<


Reading:
- Nothing this month. 


Currently... 
Playing (not all at once):
- (PS4): J-Stars Victory Vs+
- (PS4): Dragon Quest Heroes: The World Tree's Woe and the Blight Below
- (PS4): iDOLM@STER: Platinum Stars
- (PS4): Danganronpa 1.2 Reload
- (PS3): Borderlands 2
- (PS2): Chulip
- (Xbox 360): Magna Carta II
- (3DS): Story of Seasons
- (3DS): Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth
- (GBA): The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Anniversary Edition   
- (PSP): Persona
- (PSP): Patapon 
- (PSP): Corpse Party
- (Wii): Fortune Street 
- (PC): UnEpic  
- (PC): King's Bounty: The Legend
- (PC): Higurashi no Naku Koro ni (When They Cry)
- (Mobile): Dragon Quest III
- (Mobile): Final Fantasy: Brave Exvius


Watching:
- (TV Show): The Walking Dead (Season 7)
- (TV Show): Orphan Black (Season 3)
- (TV Show): Criminal Minds (Season 11)
- (TV Show): Six Feet Under (Season 1 - Episode 3)
- (TV Show): X-Files (Season 10)
- (TV Show): The Strain (Season 2)
- (Anime): Yu Yu Hakusho (don't remember)
- (Anime): Log Horizon (episode 3)
(Anime): Attack on Titan: Season 2 (episode 8)
- (Anime): Dragon Ball Z Kai (episode 99)
- (Anime): Shiki (episode 5)



Reading:
- (Manga): Ouran High School Host Club by Bisco Hatori (Volume 13)


That's it for September. Here are some pics I took this month and a YouTube video.


 Carcassonne!


Some funky Kit Kat I found in a Korean / Japanese supermarket. 
I don't know what flavour it's supposed to be.


 An advertisement for 4DX, a movie-watching format in theatres.
I watched Spider-Man: Homecoming in 4DX.
It was an interesting experience, though I could do without the "ticklers".
Whenever the "ticklers" activated, I kept wondering if 
I was going to end up with bruises after the movie, haha.


Cold peach jelly sake.
If I could find it in Japan, I would so drink it!

My latest game: Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony Limited Edition.
I still have to play Danganronpa 2 and Ultra Despair Girls first ;_;

Enchanted Maze's special stage.
So much loot... mmm...

"Tornado in a Trailer Park".
I really enjoyed hearing this in Kingsman: The Golden Circle.


Thanks for reading!

Happy early Mid-Autumn Festival to those celebrating. I hope you get to eat lots of yummy moon cakes! :)

As usual, if you have any questions / comments about anything, feel free. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment