Translate

Wednesday 31 August 2016

BLOG -- Recap of August

August was a very grindy month for me. Even though most days were uneventful, they were so busy because I was so busy grinding and leveling up my idols in iDOLM@STER: Platinum Stars (all 13 of my idols are Rank A now!). Then this past week, I was grinding almost non-stop for about 3 days in FFXIV. Besides the super-fun day I had yesterday, I've been so tired and worn out this month. xP


Outings/Events in August:
- Had a belated birthday celebration with friends.

- Bumped into a friend after watching Swiss Army Man (for the 2nd time, lol). That same day, I got bird poop on me on my front... and back! =___=++ 

- Had an outing with my sister.

- Attended the 2016 Buyokai (Japanese dancing). It was nice and fun.

- Karaoked with a friend. xD


Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn achievements / news: 
-I took advantage of the free 5-day login event to try getting limited event items. Uhhh... I grinded for over 12 hours for the Yo-kai event and still need to get 5 more weapons T_T. My free login days have already ended.


Exposures:
- (Restaurant): Jinya Ramen -- This is a new-ish Ramen place. Funny enough I didn't try out the ramen -- I tried out their takoyaki, and French fries with truffle ketchup. Finally -- a decent-ish fries dish in an unlikely restaurant! The takoyaki was... so good!

- (Restaurant): La Carnita -- The nachos was good. Everything else was kinda meh for me


Finished...
Watching:
- (Movie): Scream -- It was neat to finally see the source of many horror parodies. The movie itself was nicely written, and I liked how the villain was a very... possible-to-stop character, lol.

- (Movie): Scream 2 -- Not bad, though I really hate one death.


Playing:
- Nothing this month.

Reading:
- (Novel) The Princess Bride by William Goldman -- I was hoping to read a beautiful, funny, romantic love story. What do I remember? All the commentary narration and the terrible intro leading up to the story. Besides reading about Inigo and Fezzik's past, I was very disappointed. The first chapter to Buttercup's Baby was included at the end of the novel. It was bleh. Sooo many commentaries! *cringe* >_<

- (Book) Usborne Illustrated Grimm's Fairy Tales by Ruth Brocklehurst and Gillian Doherty -- I wasn't exposed to many fairy tales while growing up. Err... after reading these stories, I think I'm kinda glad I wasn't, lol. Many princes and princesses just seem so willing to marry all willy nilly and over superficial things, lol...

- (Graphic Novel) V for Vendetta by Alan Moore and David Lloyd -- This was really good. Some of the characters looked a bit similar to each other so sometimes I wasn't sure who was who on the panel. But the overall ideas -- it really makes you think.

- (Manga) Trigun Maximum by Yasuhiro Nightow -- I think most of the action scene panels were really well done, and some of the characters were really nicely fleshed out (ahhh, Wolfwood...). Overall, though, I was a bit confused about what was happening in some panels. 


Currently... 
Playing (not all at once):
- (PS4): Dragon Ball Xenoverse
- (PS4): J-Stars Victory Vs+
- (PS4): Dragon Quest Heroes: The World Tree's Woe and the Blight Below
- (PS4): iDOLM@STER: Platinum Stars  
- (PS3): Borderlands 2
- (3DS): Story of Seasons
- (3DS): Fantasy Life
- (3DS): Shantae
- (GBA): The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Anniversary Edition   
- (PSP): Persona 
- (PSP): Crush
- (PSP): Corpse Party
- (PSVita): Persona 4 Golden
- (Wii): Fortune Street 
- (PS2): Atelier Iris 2 
- (PC): UnEpic  
- (PC): King's Bounty: The Legend
- (Mobile): Dragon Quest II


Watching:
- (TV Show): The Walking Dead (Season 5 - Episode 12)
- (TV Show): Orphan Black (Season 3)
- (TV Show): Criminal Minds (Season 10)
- (TV Show): Six Feet Under (Season 1 - Episode 3)
- (Anime): Yu Yu Hakusho (don't remember)
- (Anime): Log Horizon (episode 3)
- (Anime): K-On! Season 2 (episode 3)



Reading:
- (Manga): Elemental Gelade by Mayumi Azuma (Volume 15)
- (Manga): Ouran High School Host Club by Bisco Hatori (Volume 7)
- (Book): Pitch Perfect by Mickey Rapkin


That's it for August. Here are some pics I took this month plus a few YouTube videos.


 The French fries with truffle ketchup

A joke birthday gift. So, if any guy wants to date me, he's got to 
buy me fries first! :3  Lol -- JUST KIDDING. I will seriously turn down 
any guy who tries if I don't like him, sorry >_<

Another birthday gift. The most amusing thing for me is that I was 
thinking about buying this the day before I received it. 
Soo... it was perfect timing, lol.

I happened to come across this while getting out of the subway one day. 
It looked like a march for BDSM. I did not follow the march -- I just found it 
amusing that they just happened to pass by at the same time I got out of the subway. 

"Happy to Be Myself" from The Boy Least Likely To. This is such a catchy song. 
It makes me wanna dance and sing, lol.

 "Discography" by Straightener. I've mentioned before that 
the music video is weiiiird. Now you can see it for yourself, lol. 

I had meant to share this last month. This is a video of MundaneMatt unboxing 
his Silver Play button, something that gets sent for getting 100,000 subscribers
I first listened to this video at work. When he started crying, I couldn't help 
but also shed tears -- while at work. I was still doing my tasks fine, but tears 
just kept rolling down and I was thinking 'Oh, crap. I can't stop this...' Thankfully 
I don't think anybody saw me. So -- congrats to MundaneMatt for his achievement! 
And for getting me to cry uncontrollably at work, lol.


Thanks for reading! As usual, if you have any questions / comments about anything, feel free. :)

Have a good rest of the week and take care :)

No comments:

Post a Comment