Translate

Sunday 31 July 2016

BLOG -- Recap of July

Well July was really busy for me. I got older and went out more often than I usually did. *sigh* I wish time would just stop so I can recollect myself, lol. I really need to think about certain things in my life, lol... x_x'''


Outings/Events in July:
- Celebrated a friend's birthday.

- Attended Daniela Andrade's performance at the Mod Club with a friend. I wanted to cheer, but was too shy, lol. It was a really fun night xD 

- Met up with a friend to celebrate my birthday. We had sushi buffet, mmmm... x3

- Met up with a friend to chat about her trip to Japan.

- Had a really unlucky day where: 1) I found out that unauthorized transactions were made to my credit card; 2) Somebody smooshed me against the wall in the subway as I was walking to the next train; 3) I lightly smooshed one of my fingers between my chair's armrest and desk at work; 4) Minutes after getting on the subway after work, the car went out of service. I ended up taking the bus home.  

- Did an escape room for the 6th time (Escape Games Canada -- The Unknown Room). We didn't get out, lol. Was still super fun though x3

- Checked out a Sailor Moon-themed pop-up cafe with my sister. The cookie and cupcake were good. The parfait was okay. It was nice, but unfortunately the cosplay wasn't too varied. The English voice actor to Serena / Usagi (Linda Ballantyne) popped in briefly, which was really neat.

- Karaoked by myself.


Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn achievements / news: 
-My subscription has run out and I will keep it that way for a longer-than-usual while. I... really need to play through my other games and get more caught up with my life. *sigh*


Exposures:
- (Food): Strawberry Shortcake Donut -- I tried the version from Krispy Kreme this time and I did not like it very much. The dough by itself tasted kinda plain, and the center was too full of taste. I would not really recommend this, lol.

- (Food): Maple Bacon Donut -- I was very curious about this after reading it as a response in Miitomo. I couldn't try it right away though, 'cuz the place closed kinda too early for me to get to after work. Now that I've tried it... the parts with no bacon bits are too sweet, lol. With the bacon bits it was a bit weird, lol.

- (Food): Pepsi Ginger -- This was weird. It had a strong ginger smell when I opened it, which I didn't like (I'm not a fan of ginger unless it's ginger snaps). Halfway through drinking it, though, I started tasting a light ginger kick, which was interesting.

- (Food): Tsujiri Sundae -- I liked the ice cream and the pink flower thing. Not really sure about the rest of it.

- (App): Pokemon GO -- I have a love/hate thing with this. It's fun when I can catch lots of different pokemon. It's not when the app isn't working properly or when friends can't hang out because they are too busy gathering balls... lol. :P I'm currently Level 18. 


Finished...
Watching:
- (Movie): Finding Dory -- Very good for one watch. I cried immensely at one scene. The short before the movie was really, really cute and sweet.

- (Movie): Swiss Army Man -- What a weird movie... but also thought-provoking and enjoyable. The more I think about it, the more I want to watch it again. I love the music. That underwater scene is so, so lovely, lol. :)

- (Movie): 9 -- This was very nicely done. But wow -- I don't think I've ever watched a computer-animated movie as dark as this. I'd say it's worth at least one watching.

- (Anime): Love, Election, and Chocolate -- This series had a few moments, but overall pretty meh for me. I was also not a fan of the harem-ness of it.

- (Anime): Legend of the Mystical Ninja -- This was quite... not good, lol. I stuck it through because it's Mystical Ninja, but I would not recommend it. Just play the SNES game, lol.


Playing:
- Nothing this month.

Reading:
- Nothing this month.


Currently... 
Playing (not all at once):
- (PS4): Dragon Ball Xenoverse
- (PS4): J-Stars Victory Vs+
- (PS4): Dragon Quest Heroes: The World Tree's Woe and the Blight Below  
- (PS4): IDOLM@STER: Platinum Stars
- (PS3): Borderlands 2
- (3DS): Story of Seasons
- (3DS): Fantasy Life
- (3DS): Shantae
- (GBA): The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Anniversary Edition   
- (PSP): Persona 
- (PSP): Crush
- (PSP): Corpse Party
- (PSVita): Persona 4 Golden
- (Wii): Fortune Street 
- (PS2): Atelier Iris 2 
- (PC): UnEpic  
- (PC): King's Bounty: The Legend
- (Mobile): Dragon Quest II


Watching:
- (TV Show): The Walking Dead (Season 5 - Episode 12)
- (TV Show): Orphan Black (Season 3)
- (TV Show): Criminal Minds (Season 10)
- (TV Show): Six Feet Under (Season 1 - Episode 3)
- (Anime): Yu Yu Hakusho (don't remember)
- (Anime): Log Horizon (episode 3)
- (Anime): K-On! Season 2 (episode 3)



Reading:
- (Manga): Elemental Gelade by Mayumi Azuma (Volume 15)
- (Manga): Trigun Maximum by Yasuhiro Nightow (Volume 10)
- (Manga): Ouran High School Host Club by Bisco Hatori (Volume 6)


That's it for July. Here are some pics I took this month plus the trailer for Swiss Army Man.


 One of my birthday gifts from my sister. Hahaha, a Minesweeper postcard 
where I can scratch the boxes. I really enjoy Minesweeper, lol. 

And this is the finished product. As you may be able to tell, I blew up four times 
before beating it. This was kinda tougher than the 
actual game -- there are no blank spaces!

A close-up shot of Daniela Andrade singing. My phone's camera is so crappy, lol.

The placemat and ticket for the Sailor Moon-themed pop-up cafe. 
I just had to support something like this, lol. 

The cupcake and cookie. They had a light lemon taste.

 The maple bacon donut. 

Tsujiri sundae.

A package that I picked up yesterday. Lol, I only got the magazine 
'cuz the cover has Teru on it (the vocalist for GLAY).

Unboxing the IDOLM@STER: Platinum Stars Platina Edition 

The trailer for Swiss Army Man. I did not see this before watching the movie.


Thanks for reading! As usual, if you have any questions / comments about anything, feel free. :)

Have a good rest of the weekend and take care :)

No comments:

Post a Comment