Translate

Thursday 31 March 2016

BLOG -- Recap of March

March was a mix of busy, relaxation, and then lots of planning and research. I'm probably gonna be planning and researching almost everyday until I'm in Japan. Hah... I'll probably still be planning and researching things while I'm in Japan as well... but at least by then the upfront planning should be all done!


Outings/Events in March:
- Had a mini-vacation where I went out for one day and then played Final Fantasy XIV for most of the rest of the days.

- Had a gaming day with friends.

- Stayed over at my sister's place x1.

- Went karaoking by myself.

- I've started listening to the radio at work. I usually listen to my own music, but I felt like getting a bit more exposure to English songs.

- Bought my ticket to Japan, woooot!~~~~

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn achievements / news: 
-I got my Machinist to 60. Finally, another 60 War class, lol. Next should be Paladin if I keep on top of things.
-I ran T13 with the FC undersized and we cleared it. Yayyy, lol... it was my first time running T13.
-My subscription's ended, but on my last day, I crafted the Sephirot Tree, yayy!


Exposures:
- (PS4): Broforce -- I tried local 4-player co-op with this game. While I am not a fan of the premise, the game itself is pretty fun -- pretty hectic and crazy with four players. Unfortunately it's a bit buggy, too -- at least at the time of this writing.

- (Food): Tim Horton's Pulled Pork Sandwich -- In short, I like it. It could do with a bit more salt, I think. 


Finished...
Watching:
- (Movie): Eddie the Eagle -- I mainly watched this for Taron Egerton. I was really curious how he would be in his second movie. Overall, I enjoyed the movie. I found it light, funny, sweet, and also pretty intense at times. Being based off a real person, I wonder how accurate the events and characters were.

- (Movie): Zootopia -- This was very good. The DMV scene was so funny, hahaha.

- (Movie): Black Swan -- Nicely made movie, but was a little too dark and mind-trippy for my taste. It does make me want to watch Princess Tutu again, though.

- (Movie): Misery -- This was on my to-watch list since over 20 years ago when I saw the trailer on TV for the first time. It was good, but hard to watch. Some of the scenes really make me cringe.

- (Movie): Midnight in Paris -- There was some really lovely scenery. It was really interesting, meeting all the different characters. The main character's fiancee was... ew, in my opinion, lol.

- (Movie): Fantastic Mr. Fox -- So quirky and so fun.

- (Movie): Die Hard -- This was my first time watching the movie. Good action.


Playing:
- (PS4): Hatoful Boyfriend: Holiday Star -- I still have a couple mini episodes to go through but I've finished the main story. I personally enjoyed the first Hatoful Boyfriend more, but I still took away some things from the second half of the game. I'd say it's worth getting the game during a sale.

Reading:
- Nothing at this time.



Currently... 
Playing (not all at once):
- (PS4): Dragon Ball Xenoverse
- (PS4): J-Stars Victory Vs+
- (PS4): Dragon Quest Heroes: The World Tree's Woe and the Blight Below  
- (PS3): Borderlands 2
- (3DS): Bravely Default 
- (3DS): Fantasy Life
- (3DS): Shantae
- (GBA): The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Anniversary Edition   
- (PSP): Persona 
- (PSP): Crush
- (PSP): Corpse Party
- (PSVita): Persona 4 Golden
- (Wii): Fortune Street 
- (PS2): Atelier Iris 2 
- (PC): UnEpic  
- (PC): King's Bounty: The Legend
- (Mobile): Dragon Quest II


Watching:
- (TV Show): The Walking Dead (Season 5)
- (TV Show): Orphan Black (Season 3)
- (TV Show): Criminal Minds (Season 10)  
- (Anime): Yu Yu Hakusho (don't remember)
- (Anime): Log Horizon (episode 3)
- (Anime): K-On! Season 2 (episode 3)
- (Anime): X TV series (episode 10)


Reading:
- (Manga) Prophecy by Tetsuya Tsutsui (Volume 2) 


That's it for March. Here are a few pics I took this month plus a song I've been exposed to recently (due to me listening to the radio).


 I got this from Atlus. They had a blog where some of the staff reminisced about the game and asked readers to share their own fond memories in the comments. Then one random comment would be chosen each day to receive this cool keychain. So... thank you Atlus!! :) <3

Something funny I saw. Can you make out the symbol?
Psst... it's the Batman symbol.

A fortune that I got from a fortune cookie. When I got it I was like, "... wth?! How dare it makes the assumption that I've got wounds that need healing!" Well... it's true, but I don't need to be told that from a fortune cookie! >__<

"One Love" by Marianas Trench.
When I first listened to this, I thought it was a positive, gather-together kind of song.
Then I listened to the lyrics... and wow, was I so wrong...
This is kinda hard to listen to sometimes, but I like it a lot. 
I can really feel the singer's emotions in it.
I want to sing this for karaoke one day!


Thanks for reading! As usual, if you have any questions / comments about anything, feel free. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment