Translate

Sunday 31 January 2016

BLOG -- Recap of January

So January was really busy. I've already started trying to work on my resolutions... so I've been very hermit-like when I'm not working. Well, besides the Skype sessions, though that is also related to my resolutions.


Outings/Events in January:
- Started having one-on-one Skype sessions with a friend to try learning Japanese and programming. Not really sure what's sticking so far.

- I let my FFXIV subscription run out for about two weeks.

- Shareplayed multiple games on the PS4 with a friend. That was really fun, though I felt a little bad / sadistic that the first game I shareplayed was Super Meat Boy -- and I gave him the controller without explaining anything, ha... ^^'''

Tried a real-life room escape for the 4th time. After getting a time extension, we got out, wooot!

- Stayed over at my sister's place x1.

- David Bowie and Alan Rickman's passing. I was very sad when I heard this...


Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn achievements / news: 
-The mog house for the FC is built!
-My crafter's gears have been pentamelded! I kinda feel like I can craft almost anything now... though I am a bit lazy with gathering materials.



Exposures:
- (3DSPokemon Picross -- This is another of Nintendo's free games that have in-game purchases. I really enjoy Picross games so I didn't mind spending some money on it.

- (PS4) Dragon Quest Builders (demo) -- I was able to try out the Japanese demo, and it was really fun. Unfortunately, the game is very text-heavy and I couldn't read / understand much of it. If it was localized, I would definitely get it.

- (Mobile) Neko Atsume: Kitty Collector -- This is really cute. I spent a bit of money to support the developer.


Finished...
Watching:
- (Movie): Jim Henson's Labyrinth -- This was interesting. For a movie that's pretty old now, it can be pretty creepy / unnerving sometimes, but also creative. I actually felt more for Jareth than for Sarah.

- (Movie): Seven Psychopaths -- This was an experience. I liked some of the stories in here. Not sure if I would watch it again, though.

- (Anime): Rozen Maiden -- I wouldn't call it a must-watch... but it is a nice series with some really good moments.

- (Anime): Rozen Maiden: Träumend -- This was better than the first series. Still not a must-watch, but I really liked the last few episodes. I think Shinku and Jun's relationship is really sweet.

- (Anime): Rozen Maiden: Ouvertüre -- I enjoyed this about the same as with the second series.

- (Anime): My Love Story!!  


Playing:
- (3DS): Senran Kagura Burst -- I actually beat this in December, but I forgot to mention it. I really enjoyed this game. While I wasn't a fan of many of the fanservice-y transformations (it was just too obvious that it was there to provide fanservice -- not very tasteful in my opinion), there is definitely substance behind all the "plot", and nice characterizations.

- (PS4): Contrast -- This game's been downloaded in my PS4 since the PS4's launch, and now I've finally gotten around to playing it. Besides some minor frustrations with some of the puzzles, I really enjoyed it. The gameplay mechanics felt kinda unique and fresh to me.

- (Mobile): Dragon Quest I -- Not as grind-heavy as I remembered it way back on the NES. I re-played it as a refresher on the story, but... the story was just as I remembered it, hahaha.


Reading:
- Nothing at this time.



Currently... 
Playing (not all at once):
- (PS4): Dragon Ball Xenoverse
- (PS4): J-Stars Victory Vs+
- (PS4): Hatoful Boyfriend: Holiday Starr
- (PS4): Dragon Quest Heroes: The World Tree's Woe and the Blight Below  
- (PS3): Borderlands 2
- (PS3): Steins; Gate   
- (3DS): Bravely Default 
- (3DS): Liberation Maiden 
- (3DS): Fantasy Life
- (3DS): Shantae
- (GBA): The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Anniversary Edition   
- (PSP): Persona 
- (PSP): Crush
- (PSP): Corpse Party
- (PSVita): Persona 4 Golden
- (Wii): Fortune Street 
- (PS2): Atelier Iris 2 
- (PC): UnEpic  
- (PC): King's Bounty: The Legend
- (Mobile): Dragon Quest II


Watching:
- (TV Show): The Walking Dead (Season 5)
- (TV Show): Orphan Black (Season 3)
- (TV Show): Criminal Minds (Season 8 -- episode 5)  
- (Anime): Yu Yu Hakusho (don't remember)
- (Anime): Log Horizon (episode 3)
- (Anime): K-On! Season 2 (episode 3)
- (Anime): X TV series (episode 8)


Reading:
Nothing at this time. 


That's it for January. Here are a couple of pics I took this month.


 A late Christmas gift from a friend.
I really like the hand-drawn pic of Ace and Gohan. Ace looks sooo cool and HOT, hahaha 
(both ways intended) ;)

A screenshot from Hatoful Boyfriend: Holiday Starr.
Click to enlarge the pic. 
This particular story was pretty funny.


Thanks for reading! My weekly blog will go up later today. As usual, if you have any questions / comments about anything, feel free. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment