Translate

Monday 30 November 2015

BLOG -- Recap of November

November was a mix of good and bad -- and also a mix of busy. *sigh*. I don't think I'll be able to escape from being busy for the rest of the year.


Outings/Events in November:
- My sister and I tried insulating my windows with bubble wrap. Hopefully that will keep some of the cold air out. 

- Had an unexpected vacation where I pretty much hibernated.

- Had a nightmare that messed up my emotions pretty bad for a while. *sigh* XP

- Helped my sister at a Japanese bazaar event. I bought some yummy foods and ran into an old friend. It was really nice.

- Attended a friend's wedding reception. I wore a long black dress, which I nicknamed the "witch's dress" -- the fabric is a bit thick-feeling and a bit shiny.

- Attended the staff Holiday party.

- Tried a real-life room escape for the 2nd time.

- Stayed over at my sister's place x4.



- Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn achievements / news: 
-Got my main character's crafter levels allll to 60, yay!
-Attended the FC's Thanksgiving dinner event with my main character that was followed up with the FC leader stripping! Hahaha XD I also created a macro to change my character into a bikini while doing a kissing emote but I'm not going to get into that, hehehe. ;)
-Met a random player while on my main character who straight out said he liked me! That's never happened to me before, hahaha. I warned him not to fall for me (big reason being that he said that before even getting to know me, plus another reason), but that I'd be fine being friends. He told me to watch this movie called Crows Zero and said "let's meet tomorrow at the same time". Well, the next day I logged on at the same time and he wasn't there. What a flakey butt! :P



Exposures:
- (3DS) Badge Arcade -- Yes, my sister and I finally took the plunge and tried this out. I already bought a couple plays with real money, hahaha. I don't mind supporting Nintendo from time to time. But I will definitely set a limit of how many plays I can buy each year.



Finished...
Watching:
- (Movie): Taken 3 -- It was terrible. So terrible. My eyes and mind kinda shut down during the action scenes. But now I've completed the trilogy and I don't have to think about it. Liam Neeson was still great as usual.

- (Movie): Crows Zero -- Well, I watched it. It was a little weird, but overall I really liked it. I liked both Serizawa and Genji, so I couldn't really root for either side. I also really liked Ken-san and his convictions at the end.

- (Movie): The Final Destination (Final Destination 4) -- Just terrible.

- (Movie): Final Destination 5 -- This was much better than the 4th movie. The deaths were still cheesy, but I liked the way the plot went.

- (Movie): Edge of Tomorrow -- I found this more comedic than anything. It was an okay movie. Quite entertaining.

- (Movie): Searching for Bobby Fischer -- I had this on my radar ever since I watched the trailer for it many, many, many years ago. I enjoyed it, especially the final game. I used to play chess back in elementary school so it was very nostalgic. I don't really play anymore, but the game still interests me.

- (Movie): Natural Born Killers -- It's not really my kind of movie. It's a bit too crazy and wild.

- (Movie): Fever Pitch -- I watched this for Colin Firth. I didn't really enjoy it. It might be a bit more enjoyable for Arsenal F.C. fans. It was neat to see Mark Strong in the movie.

- (Movie): A Nightmare on Elm Street 5: The Dream Child -- This was cheesy like the other sequels, though this felt a bit more unnerving than the last movie.   

- (Anime): Shakugan no Shana (Season 1) -- Finally I finish watching this. It was okay, but I enjoyed the 2 licensed novels a lot more. I don't think I'll be continuing with the 2nd season for this series.

- (Anime): Summer Wars 

- (Anime): New Kimagure Orange Road: Summer's Beginning -- I never watched the anime series, so it was difficult for me to get into it. The animation quality was nice, and the song "Kyosuke Number 1" was really nice, but... I didn't like it overall.

- (Anime): Persona 3 The Movie -#1 Birth of Spring- -- I LOVED this! It had all kinds of fanservice for me. And no, I'm not talking about watermelon-sized chests or topless guys. It's the kind of fanservice that comes from (at least to me) being an SMT fan (all the nods to the Persona 3 video game... <3). I'm a bit glad I watched this by myself so nobody could hear me squeeing all over the place, hahaha. I also really enjoyed Yuki's personality. Now I want to play through Persona 3 again. xD 

- (Anime): Moribito - Guardian of the Spirit -- This was a pretty standard anime, but it was done well. Good action, nice moments, awesome main character, beautiful music -- I'd recommend it for one at least one watch-through.   

- (Anime): Attack on Titan -- Yes, I finally got around to watching the series. Wow, what an emotional, intense experience. I really liked it, despite its horror and sadness. My favourite characters are hands down Mikasa and Levi. 


Playing:
- (PS4): Hatoful Boyfriend -- This is entertaining. Sometimes sweet. Sometimes tender. But wayyy too short, in my opinion. I wanted more characterization. The first bird I went for was Ryouta. Then Nageki. I may try for Yuuya on my third playthrough.

 
Reading:
- Nothing at this time.



Currently... 
Playing (not all at once):
- (PS4): Dragon Quest Heroes: The World Tree's Woe and the Blight Below  
- (PS3): Borderlands 2
- (PS3): Steins; Gate   
- (3DS): Bravely Default 
- (3DS): Liberation Maiden 
- (3DS): Fantasy Life
- (3DS): Senran Kagura Burst
- (GBA): The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Anniversary Edition   
- (PSP): Persona 
- (PSP): Crush
- (PSVita): Persona 4 Golden
- (Wii): Fortune Street 
- (PS2): Atelier Iris 2 
- (PC): UnEpic  
- (PC): King's Bounty: The Legend
- (Mobile): Dragon Quest


Watching:
- (TV Show): The Walking Dead (Season 5)
- (TV Show): Orphan Black (Season 3)  
- (Anime): Yu Yu Hakusho (don't remember)
- (Anime): Log Horizon (episode 3)
- (Anime): K-On! Season 2 (episode 3)
- (Anime): Gunslinger Girl -Il Teatrino- (episode 5)



Reading:
- Nothing at this time. 


That's it for November. Here are a couple pics I took this month plus a Youtube video I like to watch / listen to every now and then.


 One of the food items at the staff Holiday party.
It was really yummy!

Me (with a gray box over my face) at the staff Holiday party.
This is probably the most dressed up I've been so far to anything work-related, lol.
I love wearing ties, hehehe :3

Chris Stuckmann's review on Taken 3.
This pretty much sums up how I feel about the movie, lol.


Thanks for reading! As always, feel free to comment if you have anything to say, and have a good rest of the week! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment