Translate

Saturday 31 October 2015

BLOG -- Recap of October

October... well... despite how busy things were for me, this was a very sucky month for me. I spoke too soon when I said there was little drama in my life, 'cuz now I am sorta drowning in it. Well, maybe that is an exaggeration, but that's how I feel. I won't mention or talk about this again in future blogs (sorry, but I find this to be too personal even for this space), but I'll say this: I hope that in the end, friendship will prevail -- that's all that matters to me.


Outings/Events in October:
- Celebrated my friends' birthdays x3. 

- Celebrated a relative's birthday... and the relative did not show up... >.>''.

- Briefly attended the Creativ Festival to support my sister who had a booth there.

- Attended a friend's bridal shower.

- Met up with my friend's friend for the first time. It was okay -- no commonality in games, though, lol.

- Went shopping with friends (a shopping day with friends is very rare for me).

- Stayed over at my sister's place x1.



- Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn achievements / news: 
-Participated in a cosplay event with my main character. It was kinda stressful, but really fun. I'll post some pics up whenever I get around to grabbing them from my PS4.
-Got Monk, Ninja, Machinist, Dragoon, and Paladin classes to 50 for my main character. Lots of leveling, haha.
-Changed my main character's race. I consider it my Halloween "costume". My main character's look is now on one of my alts.



Exposures:
- (Restaurant) Kimchi Korea House -- This is a Korean place with pretty yummy food. I fairly enjoyed the takoyaki dish I ordered from them.

- (Restaurant) WVRST -- I don't know how to pronounce this place, but they serve various sausages / hot dogs and fries. They're supposedly really known for their duck fat fries.


Finished...
Watching:
- (Movie): A Nightmare on Elm Street 4: The Dream Master -- This is pretty cheesy. Besides the character deaths, I was able to sleep pretty well that night (this is very rare for me after watching a horror movie).

- (Anime): Heaven's Memo Pad -- This was an okay series, though I felt very disconnected from many of the characters. I only kinda felt anything around the last few episodes.

- (Anime): Children who Chase Lost Voices -- Umm... I did not enjoy this very much...

- (Anime): Canaan -- I had no idea that this was based off the game 428 until I read the credits (428's been on my radar for a long time, even though I know nothing about the game). Overall, I didn't have much care for the series, but I felt strongly for Santana and Hakko's story.


Playing:
- Nothing at this time.

 
Reading:
- (Novel): Last Sacrifice by Richelle Mead -- I did NOT like this book. I lost a lot of respect for Rose halfway through. The ending also felt very rushed. What a way to end a series... *sigh* XP

- (Novel): The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky -- I liked it... and I hated it. At times it felt too immersive, when I really didn't want to be looking at the world through the eyes of a 15/16-year-old guy. I liked that it made me think, but it also challenged a couple of beliefs that I hold very close to me. In its own small ways, this book has unhinged me, hahaha.

I've gone into a bit more detail about the book in my movie review: http://ironixgirl.blogspot.ca/2012/10/reviewthoughts-movie-perks-of-being.html


Currently... 
Playing (not all at once):
- (PS4): Dragon Quest Heroes: The World Tree's Woe and the Blight Below
- (PS3): Borderlands 2
- (PS3): Steins; Gate   
- (3DS): Bravely Default 
- (3DS): Liberation Maiden 
- (3DS): Fantasy Life
- (3DS): Senran Kagura Burst
- (GBA): The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Anniversary Edition   
- (PSP): Persona 
- (PSP): Crush
- (PSVita): Persona 4 Golden
- (Wii): Fortune Street 
- (PS2): Atelier Iris 2 
- (PC): UnEpic  
- (PC): King's Bounty: The Legend
- (Mobile): Dragon Quest


Watching:
- (TV Show): The Walking Dead (Season 5)
- (TV Show): Orphan Black (Season 3)  
- (Anime): Yu Yu Hakusho (don't remember)
- (Anime): Shakugan no Shana (Season 1 -- Episode 19)
- (Anime): Log Horizon (episode 3)
- (Anime): K-On! Season 2 (episode 3)



Reading:
- Nothing at this time. 


That's it for October. Here are a few pics I took this month.


 One of the Christmas tree displays at the Creativ Festival. 
Those hedgehog decorations are so cute.

Duck fat fries. I liked the taste. Smooth and salty, lol.

Mmmm... Takoyaki... <3


Thanks for reading! As always, feel free to comment if you have anything to say, and have a good rest of the weekend! I should have another blog up tomorrow :)

No comments:

Post a Comment