Translate

Wednesday 30 September 2015

BLOG -- Recap of September

Besides Fan Expo Canada and a couple other gatherings, September was more or less uneventful, which is fine. I mean, I do get kinda antsy if I don't get enough Me Time... and I also get kinda antsy if I'm not connected enough. I guess I need to find some balance. It's given me some time to think about things. I'm not sure if I will elaborate on any of those thoughts here, but one thing I've been thinking about is "My World" -- how I've been defining it, and how I really want to define it. Hmmm... will anything come from all my thinkings? I wonder, hahaha.


Outings/Events in September:
- Attended Fan Expo Canada. 

- Enjoyed a week-long vacation (to recover from Fan Expo Canada).

- Had a one-sided voicechat on PSN with a friend. The person responded via PSN messages while I spoke. It was a really fun time! :)

- Had nightmares for 5 nights straight, causing me to wake up around 5-ish AM instead of my usual 6:30 AM -- that messed up my sleeping schedule for a while. XP

- Attended a friend's baby shower. One game we did was "Taste-test and guess the baby food". Hahaha... was a fun time!

- Tripped on a box of DVDs in my room. That'll teach me to have my stuff lying around randomly, hahaha... >.>''

- Went karaoking by myself.



- Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn achievements / news: 
-I stayed up to around 5:20 AM trying to create an alt character on Gilgamesh server to attend my friend's upcoming wedding. I was at the character creation screen pretty much that whole day, lol.
-My main character is currently leveling up multiple classes to prepare for a cosplay event that's happening in October. Lots of leveling... @.@'''




Exposures:
- (Video Game) Persona 4: Dancing All Night -- I'm enjoying this so far! I can only try the Free Play mode right now since I still haven't beaten Persona 4 Golden. Once I start Story Mode, it'll go in my "Currently Playing" section.


Finished...
Watching:
- (Movie): My Life So Far -- I watched this mainly for Colin Firth. It started off as something light and playful. Then it went another direction... and I ended up not liking Colin Firth's character.

- (Movie): The Untouchables -- This was really good.
 
- (Movie): Step Up All In -- This is the 5th Step Up movie, and I think it's about time they retire the series, hahaha. There were some amusing dance sequences, but this was very cheesy for the most part. I liked bringing back the old characters (Moose is still so awesome) but I didn't like the romance written between the two main characters. Maybe I should blog about the Step Up series one day... hmmm.

- (Movie): Despicable Me -- This was my first time watching it, and I really liked it. I watched it during my friend's baby shower and I must say it was a very appropriate movie for the occasion.

- (Movie): The Loved Ones -- For a movie with a 98% rating on Rotten Tomatoes... I didn't like it. It kinda just seemed like a torture horror movie, and I'm not a big fan of gore. I guess I'm just blind to what made it awesome to everybody else.

- (Movie): The Five Senses -- This was okay. I like the story for Smell, Touch, and Sight. However, I thought the main conflict was horribly implemented.

- (Anime): Time of EVE: The Movie -- This started off slow but I liked it by the end. I think I would love to have a robot companion.

- (Anime): Mawaru - Peguindrum -- This was a really weird series with lots of mystery. I'm not really sure if I fully understand it even after watching it to the end. It did make me think of things about destiny, fate, and life. Many of the characters were off-putting at first but I liked more of them at the end.


Playing:
- Nothing at this time.

 
Reading:
- (Novel): Shadow Kiss by Richelle Mead -- This is the 3rd book to the Vampire Academy series. I found this book really exciting, though I hated the ending.

- (Novel): Blood Promise by Richelle Mead -- This is the 4th book to the Vampire Academy series. This one felt much more slow-paced, though it got more interesting in the end.

- (Novel): Spirit Bound by Richelle Mead -- This is the 5th book to the Vampire Academy series. If I had to choose between Dimitri or Adrian, it would be Adrian, lol. I love Adrian's loyalty and his willingness to give up smoking for the woman he loves.


Currently... 
Playing (not all at once):
- (PS3): Borderlands 2   
- (PS3): Steins; Gate
- (3DS): Bravely Default
- (3DS): Liberation Maiden 
- (3DS): Fantasy Life
- (3DS): Senran Kagura Burst
- (GBA): The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Anniversary Edition   
- (PSP): Persona 
- (PSP): Crush
- (PSVita): Persona 4 Golden
- (Wii): Fortune Street 
- (PS2): Atelier Iris 2 
- (PC): UnEpic  
- (PC): King's Bounty: The Legend
- (Mobile): Dragon Quest


Watching:
- (TV Show): The Walking Dead (Season 5)
- (TV Show): Orphan Black (Season 3)  
- (Anime): Yu Yu Hakusho (don't remember)
- (Anime): Shakugan no Shana (Season 1 -- Episode 19)
- (Anime): Log Horizon (episode 3)
- (Anime): K-On! Season 2 (episode 3)



Reading:
- (Novel): Last Sacrifice by Richelle Mead (Last Book [!] of the Vampire Academy series)


That's it for September. Here are a couple pics I took this month. They're both video game screenshots.


 Choosing your difficulty for Persona 4 Golden. I love the description 
for "Very Hard". I'm playing in "Normal" difficulty. I ended up restarting 
the game since I didn't continue it for a long time.

Amusing screenshot from Steins; Gate [the text].
 

Thanks for reading! As always, feel free to comment if you have anything to say, and have a good rest of the week! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment