Translate

Monday 31 August 2015

BLOG -- Recap of August

Work-wise, August was really brutal for me. Two of my team-mates took their vacation right after each other, so for the first half, I felt kinda pressured to make sure I don't get sick or anything. And then there were a ton of projects due around the same day... I think it was really stressing me out. Then the second half rolled around and things kinda got better. Work was still busy and stressful, but things just kinda seemed more bearable. I don't really know how to describe it. I feel... kinda at peace, hahaha. Haven't really felt at peace for a long time, so I welcome it with open arms! :D


Outings/Events in August:
- Stayed over at my sister's place x2. 

- Had a belated birthday celebration with friends x2.

- Experienced a room escape game for the first time.

- Had a gaming day with my sister and friends x2.

- Got sunburns from this months' work BBQ event thing. *sigh*

- Started re-listening to Glay. I want to share my newest favourite song of theirs, but it's not uploaded anywhere. :( I know I've said this before, but I will totally blog about them one day! <3



- Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn achievements / news: 
-I finally got my bard on my main character to level 60. Took me long enough, haha.
-I won my first pony on my main character, woot! It's Shiva's pony.




Exposures:
- (Restaurant) Zakkushi -- This is a yummy izakaya. Hopefully I'll be able to go back there.


Finished...
Watching:
- (Movie): Ant-Man -- It was a really fun movie. The ants made me squirm though, haha.

- (Movie): The Grand Budapest Hotel (x2) -- I had no idea what to expect from this movie. All I heard was that it was good and had gratuitous violence. I found it super-fun, funny, and ridiculous. Lovely music, too. I highly recommend it.
 
- (Movie): Before Midnight -- This is the sequel to Before Sunrise and Before Sunset. There were some interesting conversations here, but it was also a bit difficult to watch at some points. I ended up sympathizing with the main guy character a lot.

- (Movie): A Thousand Acres -- I watched this for Colin Firth. Unfortunately, I found it to be a blah movie. I couldn't really connect with any character. And just like with Circle of Friends, I didn't like Colin Firth's character, lol.

- (Movie): Vampire Academy -- This is my second time watching it. I guess anybody watching this objectively would say it sucks, and yes, it does get pretty cheesy and rushed at times... but I still find enjoyment from it. I guess it's one of my guilty pleasures, lol.

- (Anime): Say "I love you." -- The pacing can get kinda slow sometimes, but I enjoyed this. There were a lot of sweet, sometimes breathtaking moments (at least for me), and I could relate to the main girl character.


Playing:
- (PS4): Home - A Unique Horror Adventure -- I thought this was pretty neat, though really short. It's more an exploratory experience than anything -- with lots of text. The way the story got pieced together was interesting, though.

- (PS4): The Walking Dead: Season 2 (Telltale Games)

 
Reading:
- (Novel): Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead -- It's kinda embarrassing to say that watching the movie drove me to try reading the novel. Simply, I enjoyed it. I like that Rose is a bada** character, despite her flaws (and she has the same first name as me!).

- (Novel): Frost Bite by Richelle Mead -- This is the 2nd book to the Vampire Academy series. I can't believe I finished it as quickly as I did. I wish this got turned into a movie.


Currently... 
Playing (not all at once):
- (PS3): Borderlands 2   
- (3DS): Bravely Default
- (3DS): Liberation Maiden 
- (3DS): Fantasy Life
- (3DS): Senran Kagura Burst
- (3DS): Pokemon Rumble (stopped this 'cuz I never really went back to it after the first 2 sessions)
- (GBA): The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Anniversary Edition   
- (PSP): Persona 
- (PSP): Crush
- (PSVita): Persona 4 Golden  
- (Wii): Fortune Street 
- (PS2): Atelier Iris 2 
- (PC): UnEpic  
- (PC): King's Bounty: The Legend
- (Mobile): Dragon Quest


Watching:
- (TV Show): The Walking Dead (Season 5)
- (TV Show): Orphan Black (Season 3)  
- (Anime): Yu Yu Hakusho (don't remember)
- (Anime): Shakugan no Shana (Season 1 -- Episode 19)
- (Anime): Log Horizon (episode 3)
- (Anime): K-On! Season 2 (episode 3)
- (Anime): Mawaru - Penguindrum (episode 3)



Reading:
- (Novel): Shadow Kiss by Richelle Mead (Book 3 of the Vampire Academy series)


That's it for August. Here's a few pics I took this month.


 Salmon Sashimi from Zakkushi. It was really fresh. It reminded me 
of the sashimi I had while in Japan.

One of the games I played at one of the Gaming Days. I know 
I posted a pic like this in earlier entries. It's Ticket to Ride. So fun, lol.
 
I got it I got it I got it!!!!! I mentioned really wanting the Mushi-Shi Season 1 OST 
in my "Christmas" Wishlist entry, but that it was long out-of-print and expensive. 
Either it was by coincidence or somebody out there was listening to me, 
'cuz it got re-printed about 6 months after my blog. 
I am so happy to have it in my hands! <3 No more worries about what 
I'd do if Youtube suddenly took down all the music tracks, lol. 
 
 
Thanks for reading! My next weekly blog will be delayed since that will be my Fan Expo blog -- and there's no way I'd be able to finish that on Sunday. As always, feel free to comment if you have anything to say, and have a good rest of the week! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment