Translate

Tuesday 1 July 2014

BLOG -- Recap of June

I was hoping to finish my Japan Eats blog before the end of this month, but... well... I didn't get to (I am sorry). Not too much happened for me in June. I blame it on the crazy hot (and erratically rainy) weather. Where is the Spring weather that I so want?


Outings/Events in June:
- Started a weekly drawing session with 2 awesome friends.

- Karaoked by myself for 2 hours.

- Treated my father to a restaurant for Father's Day.

- Reached Platinum status for my Club Nintendo account (woot!).

- Got my atma weapon in Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn (yay!).


Exposures:
- (food) Temari Sushi -- This is sushi, but is shaped like a ball. It was definitely an interesting, kinda pricey experience -- and I want to try it again!


Finished...
Watching:
- (Anime): K-On -- Season 1 -- This series is so cute. The music is fun and catchy. I really enjoyed it.

- (Movie): How to Train Your Dragon 2 -- The music's really great, and the same kind of emotion that was in the first movie was here as well. I had an issue with one specific plot point, though (can't say it here -- it is a spoiler).

- (Movie): The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones -- This movie generally sucked. I couldn't sympathize with the main character. It also irked me somewhat that she was most often involved in her own situations, ignoring the situations around her.

- (Movie): X-Men: Days of Future Past -- This was really good. Finally -- a time travel story without a plothole!! (If you know of any other time travel movies where there are no plotholes, please tell me)


Playing:
- Nothing this month.

Reading:
- Nothing this month.


Currently... 
Playing (not all at once):
- (PS3): Borderlands 2  
- (DS): Legacy of Ys: Book I & II 
- (3DS): Bravely Default
- (3DS): Weapon Shop de Omasse
- (3DS): Liberation Maiden
- (3DS): Attack of the Friday Monsters! A Tokyo Tale
- (GBA): The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Anniversary Edition
- (PSP): Persona 
- (PSP): Crush
- (Wii): Fortune Street 
- (PS2): Atelier Iris 2
- (PC): UnEpic  
- (PC): King's Bounty: The Legend


Watching:
- (TV Show): The Walking Dead (Season 3) 
- (Anime): Yu Yu Hakusho (don't remember)
- (Anime): Shakugan no Shana (Season 1 -- Episode 19)

Reading:
- (Manga): Judge by Yoshiki Tonogai 
- (Manga): Midnight Secretary by Tomu Ohmi (Volume 6)


That's it for June. Here is one photo from this month plus a few videos from my "lonesome" karaoke outing (even though I went by myself, it wasn't really lonesome at all). Just like all my past karaoke videos, the screen will generally stay black, so just hit the play button and do something else.


 A pic of the temari sushi that my sister and I ordered from "Sushi Shop".
I don't remember what was in them, but two of rolls were pretty good.
The other one was too spicy for my liking (I generally can't take spice).

Me singing "I Know Him So Well", a song from the musical "Chess". This is 
a duet -- and I'm singing both parts -- so this obviously 
doesn't sound as good as the original.

Me singing David Guetta's "Titanium". This is my first time singing it.
I really like Madilyn Bailey's version of it


Me singing Ace of Base's "Everytime it Rains". I really like this song,
even though it is pretty sad. 



Thanks for reading! Hopefully I will get the Japan Eats blog out before the end of July.

Take care! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment