Translate

Monday 17 February 2014

BLOG (PERSONAL) -- A Few Blatherings About My Singledom

DISCLAIMER: I just have to tell you that in two days, Unlimited internet will kick in for me, and there's a good chance that you may not see me as often while Final Fantasy XIV has its hold on me. Sad to say, but I am very addicted to the game, and my free month trial is still going on. I'll still keep trying to blog, but they may be delayed (like this one) or sporadic.

I guess I'll have this disclaimer on (though a shortened version) until I move onto another game. Okay, with that out of the way...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Happy Late Valentine's Day! I purposely took a day off work on Friday to get away from celebrating this event, and seeing flowers and candies being delivered to co-workers who are in a relationship, feeling jealous that none of those were sent to me (I'm joking here).

I've been single for over two years now -- and I think I'd like to stay that way for a little while longer. Of course, having been through five relationships in a span of 10 years or so (NOT all that the same time, mind you!), I sometimes miss being in a relationship -- the physical, emotional, mental connection; the kind of comfort, knowing that somebody is there for you -- or rather, the kind of comfort, knowing that you're not alone.

After my last relationship, it was difficult to adjust to being single. I was so used to being in a relationship by then that I actually shivered some days, scared of the thought that I was alone. I'm sure I felt this way after every relationship ended, but I remember feeling it much more prominently in my last one.

That feeling is actually one of the reasons why I'm opting to stay single at this time -- I don't ever want to feel scared of being alone again. Another reason is my family is nuts and I don't know if I'd want to subject anybody (especially somebody I love) to that. ;) I don't have to think too much about the latter, though, since I don't think any guy is interested in me right now -- so I am just trying to be "one with being alone". There are other reasons why I prefer to be single, but I'll keep them to myself for now. No promises if I will ever blog about them.

So, what did I do on Valentine's Day? I went over to my sister's place and made chocolates! *sigh* I still can't get away from the Japanese tradition of making chocolates for Valentine's Day. We tried a new recipe so they didn't look very pretty... but I think they tasted pretty good. I'll share a pic of our chocolates in my end-of-month blog.

To end off, here is a Youtube video of a song that's caught my attention recently. It's the ending theme to anime series Panty & Stocking With Garterbelt. I've never watched the series, so I have NO comments about it. I do, however, really like this song.


Fallen Angel by AimeeB
I want the karaoke track so I can sing it!


Thanks for reading! Have yourself a great week! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment