Translate

Tuesday 31 December 2013

BLOG -- Recap of December

December was a really busy month. The holidays went by too quickly. Hopefully January will be less crazy.


Outings/Events in December:
- Celebrated my new boss' birthday with my new team-mates.

- Celebrated a team-mate's birthday.

- Experienced the blackout (darn you, freezing rain!).

- Had a game day with my sister, her fiance, and a friend.

- Had a sleepover at my sister's place x8 (thanks for putting up with me!).

- Had a Christmas gathering with friends.


Exposures:
- (restaurant) Mariachi -- It's a Mexican restaurant. From what I hear, it's really authentic and the guacamole is one of the best.

- (restaurant) Destingo -- It's a slightly upscale Italian place. Food was meh.

- (restaurant) The Gourmet House -- It's just like any other Chinese restaurant, I think.

- (food) Taquitos -- This was yummy.

- (food) Churros -- It's crunchy, but a little tasteless.

- (food) McDonald's Poutine -- I tried McDonald's Poutine back when they had it years ago. I remember the gravy being orange-brown back then. This time, it was a little better, but still sucky for poutine.



Finished...
Watching:
- (Anime): Shigofumi -- It's interesting and some of the episodes are unnerving.

- (Anime): Tari Tari -- Great series. I perceive music a little differently now. I think music loves me somewhat, especially when I sing in my head tone. :P

- (Movie): The Hunger Games: Catching Fire

- (Movie): The Croods -- This was surprisingly really good!

- (Movie): The Host -- Not really what I was expecting. It was okay. 

- (Movie): The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey -- A little slow in the beginning, but got kind of exciting at the end.

- (Movie): The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug -- Pretty fun to watch. Lots of action.

- (Movie): 47 Ronin -- I didn't know what to expect from this. I never thought it would be such an emotional movie. I never thought it could be so romantic either, during those brief romantic moments. Good movie.

Playing:
- (PS3): Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One -- I played this with my sister, her fiance, and a friend. I don't think I would have been able to stand playing this on my own; with friends, though, that that made a really funny and amusing experience.

- (3DS: Streetpass): Mii Force -- I collected all the Plaza Tickets for this game, so I consider it beaten.

Reading:
- (Novel): Test by William Sleator -- I like Sleator's blunt and direct writing style. Now I've read all of William Sleator's novels.

- (Manga): Azumanga Daioh by Kiyohiko Azuma -- Really enjoyable!

- (Manga): Limit by Keiko Suenobu -- I read this really quickly. It was generally engaging, but I think a lot of the cathartic moments were too forced.


Currently... 
Playing (not all at once):
- (PS4): Call of Duty: Ghosts
- (PS4): Resogun
- (PS3): Borderlands 2 
- (DS): Legacy of Ys: Book I & II 
- (3DS): Shin Megami Tensei IV 
- (PSP): Persona 
- (PSP): Crush
- (Wii): Fortune Street 
- (PS2): Atelier Iris 2
- (PS2): Shadow Hearts
- (PC): UnEpic
- (PC): King's Bounty: The Legend


Watching:
- (TV Show): The Walking Dead  
- (Anime): Yu Yu Hakusho 
- (Anime): Shakugan no Shana 
- (Anime): Dragon Ball 
- (Anime): Vampire Princess Miyu
 
Reading:
- (Manga): Judge by Yoshiki Tonogai 


That's it for December. Here's a couple photos from this month:

One of my "Boxing Week" spoils. 
Can you see why I cringe? 
I just created a lot of media backlog for myself. ><''

One of my Christmas gifts.
Handmade coupons for bags of chips! Yum!



Thanks for reading! As always, feel free to comment or ask about any of my experiences / exposures. Have a Happy New Year! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment