Translate

Saturday 31 August 2013

BLOG -- Recap of August

August was a major month for me. So much was happening. I'm glad I survived it. :)


Outings/Events in August:
- Visited the Ontario Science Centre with a friend to check out the Game On exhibit (it ends this weekend, so check it out if you can!).

- Went to Hanlan's Point with the company.

- Drank to my team-mate's last day at work.

- Had a sleepover at my sister's place x1.

- Hung out with my sister x3.

- Hung out with friends for Labour Day weekend.

- Attended a movie night with my sister and friend.

- Attended Fan Expo Canada 2013

- Got a hair cut. My hair is sooo short right now.



Exposures:
- (figure store) Navito World -- It's a place full of anime figures. It's pretty cool.

- (restaurant) Arisu -- The servers are very polite, but the food was just okay -- at least for the sushi (didn't try the Korean dishes).



Finished...
Watching:
- (Anime OVA): Little Witch Academia -- It's okay. It's cute.

- (Anime): Baccano!

- (Anime): Strawberry Panic -- It's a very emotional and intense series. There's also a bit of yuri. I tried it out 'cuz of its catchy opening and ending theme tunes.

- (Anime): Hatsukoi Limited -- For a series that's littered with suggestive perversion and fanservice, I found lots of serious, relatable, and heart-tugging moments. Kudos for not being just about the fanservice.

- (Anime): Gakuen Alice -- I totally want a second season. The series is so cute. Mikan and Natsume remind me so much of Sana and Akito from Kodocha (an awesome series).

- (Movie): Lord of the Rings Trilogy (Extended version) -- I'm glad that each movie was broken into 2 discs. The extended versions are long! Since this was my first time seeing Lord of the Rings, I have absolutely no idea which scenes were extended. Overall, they were good.

- (Movie): Step Up Revolution -- I recently got the Blu-Ray / DVD of it, and I'm happy that I have it. I like the varied dance styles, and the story's decent enough. 

- (Movie): Ace Attorney -- I was pleasantly surprised. With Takashi Miike being the director, I didn't know what to expect. I like it. I want it licensed so I can own a physical copy.

- (Movie): Goth -- I linked Goth to Wikipedia since the movie title is so general. Pacing is horribly slow. The manga is much more engaging.


Playing:
- (PS3): Dragon's Crown (at least, in Normal mode)

- (PS3): Heavy Rain -- Got the good endings. The quick-time events blow. There's way too much riding on quick reflexes. The scenes are interesting to watch.

- (3DS): Animal Crossing: New Leaf -- I paid off all my debts. I'm counting it as me beating the game.


Reading:
- Nothing this time.


Currently... 
Playing (not all at once):
- (PS3): Folklore 
- (PS3): Borderlands 2
- (PS3): Sleeping Dogs  
- (DS): Legacy of Ys: Book I & II
- (DS): Contact
- (3DS): Shin Megami Tensei IV 
- (PSP): Persona  
- (Wii): Fortune Street
- (PS2): Atelier Iris 2
- (PS2): Shadow Hearts
- (PC): UnEpic
- (PC): King's Bounty: The Legend


Watching:
- (Anime): Yu Yu Hakusho 
- (Anime): Shakugan no Shana 
 
Reading:
- Nothing this time.


That's it for August. Here's a couple of random photos from this month:

Game On exhibit at the Ontario Science Centre.

Another part of the Game On exhibit at the Ontario Science Centre.

 On a boat to Hanlan's Point.

Yummy manju from the Ace Attorney movie night.


Thanks for reading and hope you enjoy the long weekend! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment