Translate

Tuesday 30 April 2013

BLOG -- Recap of April

So April was a crazy month for me. Strangely, though, I was very focused, determined to finish the video game-related New Year's Resolution. After that, Work just took me by storm and now I'm crazy busy again. (haha, I need a vacation).

Anywho, if you are curious about my thoughts on anything, as always, please go ahead and ask. :)

Outings/Events in April:
- I got a new phone! The model is Samsung Galaxy S II LTE. It's my first smartphone, weeee!

- Celebrated my sister's birthday.

- Hung out with friends x6 (3 was the Monday ritual meetup with one friend).

- Downloaded my first apps for my new smartphone.

- Had Lunch with my team-mates and boss (my boss is so cool).

Yeah... I did barely anything this month.


Exposures:
- (food) Pizzaburger -- There was too much burger and not enough pizza.

- (person) Ryan Higa -- I blame my sister for exposing me to him, but Ryan Higa is a youtubber whom I find to be funny, ridiculous, and also kinda heartfelt (his "Draw My Life" video really spoke to me). Anywho, I am quite addicted to his videos, and I like his voice and his train of thinking. It was also from watching his videos that I learned the saying "YOLO" (I've never seen it before, lol).

- (band) The National -- I was first exposed to The National by Warm Bodies (everything good comes out of Warm Bodies). One of their songs was featured in the movie and my co-worker shared some albums with me and I liked what I heard.

- (app) Boyfriend Maker -- This is one of the apps I installed on my smartphone, and it's kinda ridiculous. You pretty much just have conversations with your "boyfriend", sending him a message. Then he'll respond back, either making sense, or making none at all. You can also go on dates and customize him, but I haven't done any of that yet. I also haven't had ridiculous conversations with him yet -- I'm just being "sweet" right now.

Yeah... I didn't get exposed to much this month.


Finished...
Watching:
- (Movie): Trance -- This is a trippy movie with a really good soundtrack.

- (Movie): Another Earth -- This was... meh. I have absolutely no sympathy for the main character.


- (Movie): The Game -- This was interesting, but made me uncomfortable through most of it. No idea if I would ever watch it again.

- (Movie): Zoolander -- I watched this to see if I should still keep it in my collection. It passed.

- (Movie): Final Destination -- Ditto here, too. Despite the horrible ratings, of the first 3 movies, I still find this one the best -- the most "natural" for Death being the culprit.

- (Movie): Final Destination 2 -- This one passed as well. I find that it's hard to keep the first movie and not keep the sequel that's so closely related to it.

- (Movie): Saw -- After watching this again... I now see that there is tons of yelling and screaming in the movie.


Playing:
- (PS3): One Piece: Pirate Warriors -- I love this game. One Piece is the best! <3

- (PSN): Sound Shapes -- This is a really neat rhythm game. I totally enjoyed the "The Corporeal" album; awesome graphics and awesome music.

- (PSP): Kenka Bancho: Badass Rumble -- This game is fun and hilarious. I'll probably play it again one day.


Reading:
- Nothing this time.


Currently... 
Playing (not all at once):
- (PS3): Folklore 
- (PS3): Borderlands 2
- (DS): Legacy of Ys: Book I & II
- (DS): Contact
- (PSP): Persona 
- (Wii): Fortune Street 
- (PS2): Ape Escape 3
- (PS2): Atelier Iris 2
- (PC): King's Bounty: The Legend


Watching:
- (Anime): Yu Yu Hakusho 
- (Anime): Shakugan no Shana
- (Anime): XXXHolic
 
Reading:
- Nothing this time.


That's it for April. The image upload function in Blogger doesn't seem to be working, so here are just a couple of videos instead:


The National -- "Conversation 16"
This is one of my favourite tracks from their High Violet album.



 Ryan Higa -- "The Most Annoying People on the Internet"
This is one of Ryan Higa's videos that I like to watch a lot. 
It's so funny and random. I probably fall under a few of those.


Thanks for reading! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment