Translate

Monday 8 April 2013

BLOG (PERSONAL) -- A Random Rainy Day

So, I am blogging right now, while lightning flashes every so often and thunder crackles and roars outside (yeah... my creative writing is a little rusty here). All I want to do is just brush my teeth and hop into bed, because I'd rather turn off the lights instead of letting the crazy thunderstorm do it for me (so that it's still my choice in the end). But... I gotta do my blog -- I want to, and it's a late entry. I'll try to make this short and sweet.

Now, I've blogged about this long ago elsewhere, but when I was young, I used to think that the rain was a secondary expression of myself -- that it was shedding tears that I couldn't / wouldn't shed myself. Of course, I was very young, angsty, and really naive (also really superstitious, but I won't get into that this time). I think I was trying to find something so I could view the rain in a positive light -- so I could like the rain instead of seeing it as, well, a necessary nuisance. 

Back then, whenever it rained, I wouldn't really mind walking in it. If it was my tears, then walking in it would almost seem kinda... cleansing, in a way. That things could finally be expressed.

Nowadays, I do still sometimes think that the rain could be expressing some secret sorrow of mine (whatever it may be -- I guess I'm still kinda angsty, lol). It often does seem to coincide that rainy days are days when something sad or upsetting could happen. But now, I'll avoid the rain if I could. Especially if it's pouring crazily like it is right now. Getting wet doesn't really feel cleansing anymore. I just get wet, hahaha.

Anywho, thanks for reading my blog! Have a great week! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment