Translate

Tuesday 28 February 2012

BLOG -- Recap of February

So, I wouldn't really consider this an actual blog. I'm just recapping what I've experienced this month (whatever I haven't blogged about yet), and what I'm currently experiencing with not much detail on anything. It's more for me to think, Oh yeah, that's what I did this month. If anybody is curious on my thoughts on anything that I mention, please go ahead and ask. Some things I know I will blog about -- others I just won't consider because of time and other priorities. Buuuut -- I do my best to make the time to respond to others.

Outings/Events in February: 
- Attended the 15th anniversary of an anime club I went to during my University years (I was also an executive at that club, but no need to get into that, lol)

- Met up with some of my old friends (x5) -- really nice and fun times!

- Pranked one of my team mates on his last day. It wasn't my best prank, but I'm glad I gave him some kind of send-off, so he can remember us, haha.

- Did Winterlicious with my sister and her fiance for one restaurant.

- Checked out the Icefest ice sculptures at Yorkville. It was really cool, and cold. My fingers were pretty frozen by the end.


Exposures:
- (cafe place) Snakes & Lattes -- a fun boardgame-centric place!
- (restaurant) Ouzeri (restaurant -- for Winterlicious) -- the food was really good and filling.
- (restaurant) Eggsmart -- don't really remember much -- too busy talking with my friend, lol
- (restaurant) Messini Authentic Gyros -- really crowded, but good food.
- (restaurant) The Keg Steakhouse & Bar -- fancy place with good food.
- (burger joint) K.O. Burgers -- decent poutine, but their specialty are their burgers.
- (restaurant) New Generation -- this is a sushi place.


Finished...
Watching:
- (Anime): Elemental Gelade (for the 2nd time) -- I still love it as much as when I first watched it.
- (TV series): Harsh Realm -- I think if this series was produced in this time, when gaming is more "deeply rooted" and "widely accepted", it would have lasted for much longer than three episodes. I think it had potential, somewhat.
- (Movie): Kung Fu Hustle (for the 4th time)
- (Movie): Nurse Betty (for the 2nd time)
- (Movie): Dangerous Minds (for the 2nd time)
- (Movie): Step Up (for the 5th+ time)


Playing:
- (PS2): Shining Tears -- If I could, I would spend tons of hours on this, leveling up all my characters. Pretty long game, but more or less enjoyable.


Reading:
- (Novel): No Longer Human by Osamu Dazai -- It's a light, complex, depressing read. I may blog about this one day.
- (Manga): Lychee Light Club by Usamaru Furuya -- Will definitely blog about this one day. It's good, but very disturbing and sad.

Currently... 
Playing (not all at once):
- (PS3): Record of Agarest War Zero
- (DS): Luminous Arc 2 
- (DS): Professor Layton and the Last Spector
- (GBA): B-Daman (I'm going through my GBA collection, to see what games I want to keep)
- (PSP): Hatsune Miku (first game)
- (PSP): Persona
- (Wii): Fortune Street

Watching:
- (Anime): Black Lagoon
- (Anime): Neon Genesis Evangelion (yes... I have never watched this series before. Surprised?) 
- (Anime): iDOLM@STER: The Animation (Don't fully understand it since I'm watching it without English subs, but whatever)

Reading:
- (Manga): Yakitate!! Japan by Takashi Hashiguchi
- (Manga): No Longer Human by Usamaru Furuya
- (Manga): Strawberry Panic by Sakurako Kimino + Takuminamuchi


That's it for February! I'll still try to keep with my blogging schedule and write an actual blog before the end of this week. Here are some random photos from this month:

 A game we played at Snakes & Lattes (K2).


 The prank I played on my co-worker's last day.


 The food I had at Messini Authentic Gyros.


A screenshot of Shining Tears (Ignore the "SONY" at the bottom of the pic).


 One of the ice sculptures at the Icefest.

No comments:

Post a Comment